The Mary Parker Follett Network

Unity, not uniformity, must be our aim. - MPF

The Future of Progressivism: Applying Follettian Thinking to Contemporary Issues

Call for Chapters/Conference Papers

2018 marks a century since Mary Follett first published The New State: Group Organization, the Solution of Popular Government. In her opus on Progressive Era political theory and group dynamics, she introduced innovative and timeless concepts of integrative process as applied to governance, from neighborhood to global levels, as well as application to occupational groups.

In this edited volume, rather than a retrospective of Follett’s work or a collection of subsequent decades of application in a vast array of scholarship, including governance, management, community development, and social work, we propose a prospective of how her theories hold promise in application to contemporary practice in the face of global crises spanning climate change, social and economic transformation, and collaborative governance of organizations across the sectors of society. As a scholar and/or practitioner who has been using Follettian ideas, we invite you to contribute a chapter of up to 8,000 words in length.

See attached pdf for the details!

Views: 236

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have received inquiries from latecomers to this endeavor, so I thought I'd post a follow-up. While I can't weave new chapters into the publication schedule for this edited volume at this point, the conference program committee would like to encourage others to bring their own papers and ideas to the conference to share and engage in the dialogue and deliberations. If you've been thinking about writing an article, chapter, or book for submission in 2018, this will be an ideal opportunity to workshop that idea with others. I will post a notice just as soon as the conference website is up and running for registration!

It also wouldn't hurt for more articles about Follett to appear in journals. For 2018, let the Follett articles flow so that Follett's message can grow!

- Matthew

Margaret Stout said:

I have received inquiries from latecomers to this endeavor, so I thought I'd post a follow-up. While I can't weave new chapters into the publication schedule for this edited volume at this point, the conference program committee would like to encourage others to bring their own papers and ideas to the conference to share and engage in the dialogue and deliberations. If you've been thinking about writing an article, chapter, or book for submission in 2018, this will be an ideal opportunity to workshop that idea with others. I will post a notice just as soon as the conference website is up and running for registration!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Matthew Shapiro.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service