The Mary Parker Follett Network

Unity, not uniformity, must be our aim. - MPF

2018 is the 100th anniversary of the publication of The New State, and the 150th anniversary of the year of Follett's birth. What can we do in meaningful celebration?

Views: 631

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good Job on posting the results of the survey! Seems the concensus is to have a Conference on the northern US East coast. I would think that Philly or Washington DC is kind of central and always easy to find spaces for Conferences there. Let's keep the planning going!

Dr. Ada

Thanks, Dr. Ada! What was not mentioned in the report was that Boston was mentioned quite a few times in the survey, as a natural location, given Follett's history there. In any event, the Northeastern US would also be relatively accessible to those attending from Europe, and many seemed willing to travel internationally. A good number liked the idea of parallel conferences in different locations (e.g., one in North America and one in Europe), although I personally feel that this would dilute this particular experience. How often do we hold a global Follett conference, particularly on the 150th anniversary of her birth? Now, the SEASONAL preferences were very diverse - like 1/3 favoring spring, 1/3 favoring summer, 1/3 favoring fall...

Matthew

Ada Luz Gonzalez said:

Good Job on posting the results of the survey! Seems the concensus is to have a Conference on the northern US East coast. I would think that Philly or Washington DC is kind of central and always easy to find spaces for Conferences there. Let's keep the planning going!

Dr. Ada

Matthew, see my post! :-)

I will do everything I can to attend the proposed 2018 Conference. Boston would be closest for me, but Philadelphia and Washington, DC are within easy traveling distance as well.

I'm sorry, but I can only work on this from my home institution. You can fly from Washington DC (Dulles) to Morgantown. Or, you can drive 1 hour and 15 minutes from the Pittsburgh Airport.

Here are some links I've found for bus transportation from Pittsburgh, PA to Morgantown, WV. WonderU seems to be a good bet. As time gets closer I'll post more information. I think this is very doable and look forward to meeting many new friends.

https://www.wanderu.com/en/bus-tickets/us-pa/pittsburgh/us-wv/morga...

Dear William, thank you very much for this Information, it is still time enough. For me it is good to know Time and place. Best greetings Marlies

Margaret Stout said:

I'm sorry, but I can only work on this from my home institution. You can fly from Washington DC (Dulles) to Morgantown. Or, you can drive 1 hour and 15 minutes from the Pittsburgh Airport.

Thank you very much for your Information, If it is possible, i will join the conference. Greetings from Dresden (Germany) Marlies

I will be approaching the School of Public Service at Boise State about doing some kind of event or series of events in 2018 commemorating and disseminating Follett's significance and ideas.

EDITORIALS. What if each of us submits an editorial to our local newspaper to highlight Follett in 2018? I'll be submitting one to The Idaho Statesman.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Matthew Shapiro.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service